Thursday, July 7, 2011

Horsies


I'd like you to meet a few of our neighbors.

For the past week or so, some horses have been put out to pasture alongside our road. Each morning, I take the dog and the little one on a walk, and we get to see them. What a treat.

I've always loved horses. As a kid, I loved Black Beauty by Anna Sewell, and watched The Black Stallion and National Velvet over. And over. And over. One lucky winter break, my parents enrolled me in a horse camp. The camp consisted of more grooming and memorizing than it did riding, but I still thought I had died and gone to heaven.

That doesn't mean that I wish I was a jockey, horse trainer, or any such thing. But it does sound lovely to befriend a nice Quarter Horse, take it on rambling rides around the countryside, and feed it apples from my hand.


For more lovely horses, see this post.


No comments:

Post a Comment