Thursday, July 7, 2011

Together



 Reposted from the Sycamore Blog.


As a mother, and a somewhat type A personality, I love finding ways to effectively multitask. It's great to be able to spend quality time with Ingrid while also getting stuff done.

I don't mean juggling her on my knee while I send an email or write a blog post. I mean things like going on walks, taking a bath, and gardening. We both enjoy all of these things, I'm able to accomplish some sort of task by doing them, and we can do them together.

Gardening is something I just figured out that she likes. She happily hung out -- strapped to my back -- while I re-potted these succulents and cleaned up the front porch. (I think it helped that there was a kitty near by for her to make eyes at.)

Our next "mommy & me" project: planting a kitchen garden with her grandma. I'm pretty sure Ingrid will love hanging out in the dirt and picking tomatoes off the vine.



No comments:

Post a Comment