Monday, February 4, 2013

ANOTHER ONE!


Photo of our little girl in straw hat and vintage dress by Candice Stringham
I originally posted this on the Sycamore Street Press blog on October 19, 2012. 

Say hello to the big sister!
We always knew we wanted more than one child. But it took us quite a while to have Ingrid, so we mentally prepared ourselves for another marathon of the worry and stress (and charting, ugh) that comes with fertility issues. And then, miraculously, it just happened. Just. like. that. As if that weren’t awesome enough, the miserable feeling of sickness and exhaustion that plagued me 24/7 during my first trimester with Ingrid never showed up. Other than my expanding waistline, I feel pretty normal. It’s kind of crazy actually. I didn’t know that getting pregnant and being pregnant could be so easy! In fact, sometimes I feel like it can’t be real — like something terrible must be lurking around the next corner. (Knock on wood.) But whenever I get thoughts like that, I just tell myself to stop being a worrywart and to enjoy this incredible gift we’ve been given. I can’t wait to meet the little person!
The stats: I’m 15 weeks along, due in April, and we’ll find out the baby’s gender in 2 1/2 weeks. We can’t wait! – Eva (& Kirk)
Photo by Candice Stringham (Who did an amazing job, no?)

No comments:

Post a Comment