Thursday, February 7, 2013

IT'S A BOY!


Its_a_boy_Sycamore_Street_Press

I originally posted this on the Sycamore Street Press blog on November 6, 2012. 

When the technician spelled out “b-o-y” on the sonogram monitor without saying a word, I got the biggest grin on my face. Somehow that moment makes the baby so much more real to me. Especially since both times it’s happened, we already had a name picked out. Last time, of course, it was Ingrid. This time, it’s Lars. We’re naming him after Kirk’s great-great grandfather, who was a miner in the arctic north of Sweden. A fitting name, I think, for a boy who will grow up in this mountain town of ours.
When he’s born in April, we’ll have one of each. Perfect, right? And yet, I have to admit I was hoping for another girl. Partly because I have a sister a little younger than me, and we had so much fun together growing up. And partly because I am more comfortable with girls in general. But now that I know that the little one growing inside me is a boy, I wouldn’t have it any other way. Yes, I am nervous. But I’m up to the challenge. He’ll bring a whole different dynamic to the family that will be good for all of us. I can’t wait to meet him! – Eva

2 comments:

  1. I love how you've been re-posting on this blog lately! It's so fun to see these posts all together and see how much Ingrid is growing. Such wonderful photos! And I am so excited for you to have a boy! I admit that I loved having my two girls close together, but Henrik is just wrapped around my little finger--I love having a boy so much!! You are going to love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, is someone still reading this blog? Ha ha... Thanks! I am really looking forward to having a boy.

    ReplyDelete